Since its inception in 1966, ARGAS has in to becoming one of the largest seismic data surveying company operating in the Middle East in part of North Africa. With operations that now spans the Arabian Peninsula and Egypt; we provide best in class geophysical acquisition services which are the core of our business. Recent years we have been developing new technical and operational solutions to address the region’s exploration and development challenges. ARGAS is also working with new industry verticals in order to develop more diversified offerings. Acquired marine data from the Qatar peninsula to the Iraqi border, we take pride in having achieved in partnership with our clients
- The world’s largest OBC acquisition projects
- The first high channel crew in the region
- First unconstrained acquisition in the region
- Land world record daily productivity of44,000 VPs/day
- First onshore permanent reservoir monitoring project in the Middle East
- First to deploy autonomous underwater vehicles to acquire seismic data in the Red Sea
Over the past ten years, ARGAS has moved from a purely land seismic acquisition company to a leader in shallow water/transition zone data acquisition entity, starting initially with the Safaniyah transition zone project, expanding within a few years to undertaking the world’s largest Ocean Bottom Cable (OBC) projects in the Arabian Gulf.
Moving down the E&P value chain, we established our technology center in Al Khobar to address our client’s future seismic data processing and interpretation needs using industry leading.
In 2014, ARGAS also expanded geographically by offering its services in the Middle East and Egypt by acquiring a majority ownership of ARDISEIS.
Additionally, ARGAS has continued its diversification process by offering its technical and operational expertise in non-seismic data acquisition, such as Airborne Gravity/Gradiometry, Electro-Magnetic, TEM, etcto several Oil & Gas and mining companies. Geophysical projects for other natural resource exploration outside of the Oil & Gas and mining industries will be added shortly.
In 2009 we established ARGAS’ dedicated Technology Center in Al Khobar on specialized seismic data processing, R&D and training. In keeping with our vision to be an active player in technology advancement in the region, we joined Dhahran Techno Valley in 2013, the premier science and technology hub.
ARGAS was the first geophysical services company to deploy self-propelled, autonomous underwater vehicles in the Red Sea to acquire seismic data
In half a century of doing business in the Middle East and Egypt, we have successfully completed countless projects, but we are particularly keen to share the following recent success stories:
- 3D marine surveys in KSA waters of the Arabian Gulf
- 2D shallow marine survey in Kuwait
- 3D Ocean Bottom Cable surveys in both Saudi Arabian and Partitioned Neutral Zone waters (the largest in the world to date)
- 3D Transition zone survey in Saudi Arabia
- 2D and 3D land permanent reservoir monitoring surveys
- Micro-seismic monitoring surveys
- Opened a technology Center in Al Khobar in 2008 to provide seismic imaging, reservoir and training services
- Operated a swarm of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to acquire seismic data in the Red Sea